Representing Parents And Surrogates Through The Surrogacy Process
Surrogacy is an opportunity for a family to grow with the help of a surrogate, someone who will carry the child through pregnancy. This process, for both parents and the surrogate, is often something that neither party has experienced before. No matter what side of the surrogacy you are on, you want to be sure you are doing the right thing for everyone involved, and the help of an experienced family law attorney can make that happen.
At Liedman Law PLLC, you can meet with a lawyer who is proud to help the Fargo and Moorhead communities with their surrogacies. Our experienced team has helped clients in North Dakota and Minnesota for years, and we are prepared to offer you the guidance you need through your surrogacy.
Comprehensive Preparation For This Journey
Whether you are considering being a surrogate for someone or you are looking to grow your family through surrogacy, there are many legal issues to consider throughout the process. We are here for you through every step of the process and offer services such as:
- Identifying the risks of pursuing surrogacy through traditional or gestational manners and making sure everyone involved understands them
- Explaining any legal risks to everyone involved
- Developing a pregnancy management plan in case the pregnancy experiences complications
- Drafting, reviewing and revising any contracts in the surrogacy
- Determining the insurance coverage for the pregnancy
- Accounting for any remaining genetic material after the process
- Preparing for serious outcomes that involve the loss of life of the child or surrogate during the process
Without having a proper plan in place, you assume unnecessary risks such as jeopardizing parental rights. Our attorney also has a deep understanding of the specific legal concerns LGBTQ+ couples face in surrogacy. We can help you make your intentions and desires clear, regardless of what side of the surrogacy you are on.
Keep Your Surrogacy Simple
It may seem like keeping lawyers out of your surrogacy may be the easiest option for everyone, but it likely is not. Make sure you are protecting your best interests by contacting us today. Call 701-800-2687 or email us here to schedule your initial consultation today.